Burlington OWI And DWI Lawyer
It is often said that “the devil is in the details.” In OWI and drunk driving cases, however, one tiny detail may be your saving grace. Small technicalities often make or break an OWI case.
If you have been arrested or charged with OWI, you need a strong defense attorney who knows these cases inside and out. Contact me, Heidi Van Winkle, an OWI and DWI defense attorney in Burlington, Iowa.
Prior to founding my own criminal defense practice, I served for eight years as a prosecutor in the Des Moines County Attorney’s Office. I have handled hundreds of OWI cases and am intimately familiar with the local courts and justice system. Let me put that insight and experience to work for you.
Don’t Jeopardize Your Rights · Act Now
To protect your driver’s license, you must act quickly in the aftermath of an OWI arrest. You only have 10 days to request a hearing. If you fail to meet this deadline, your driver’s license will be automatically revoked.
For this reason, it is critical to contact me as soon as possible. The sooner I can start investigating your case, the better. I know exactly what steps to take and how to spot weaknesses in the prosecution’s case. In fact, I am so detail-oriented that, in many cases, I know more about the traffic stop than the police officer who conducted it.
Challenging Your OWI
There are many ways to challenge an OWI charge. As soon as you have been arrested, I can start turning over every stone and exploring all the technicalities of your case such as:
- Did the police officer have a legitimate reason for stopping your vehicle?
- Did the officer observe your rights throughout the process?
- Did the officer have a lawful basis for conducting field sobriety tests?
- Did the officer properly administer the field sobriety tests?
- Did the officer properly advise you of your rights?
- After you were placed under arrest, did the police officer have a lawful basis for searching your person or vehicle?
- Did you receive an opportunity to contact an attorney or family member?
I will work hard to provide you with an effective defense.
Contact A Drunk Driving Defense Attorney For Southeast Iowa · Free Consultation
To arrange a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, call the Van Winkle Law Office at 319-752-4585.